The following are highlights from Richland County Government in November:
• Richland County Council Chair Joyce Dickerson, District 2, Councilman Paul Livingston, District 4, and Economic Development Director Jeff Ruble attended a convention in China with leaders of China Jushi in order to strengthen ties with the fiberglass company. Jushi is presently building a large manufacturing plant in Richland County.
• Richland County unveiled a new “Be Cart Smart” campaign to better inform residents about items accepted at trash and recycling curbside collection.
• Richland County meteorologists and emergency planners issued dry weather precautions after Richland County was escalated from “abnormally dry” to “incipient drought” status.
• Richland County officials celebrated the grand opening of the renovated Richland Library St. Andrews at a special ribbon-cutting ceremony.
• Richland County Council Chair Joyce Dickerson, District 2, traveled to Washington D.C. with an economic development delegation to promote Richland County as a viable location for new businesses, jobs and development opportunities.
• Richland County Council held its first meeting in its renovated Chambers, which now allows for electronic voting, new audio and visual equipment, a designated media section, better ADA accessibility and other improvements.
• Richland County emergency planners and first responders attended meeting at a local recreation center to provide flood and emergency preparation information to attendees.